[Mageia-dev] Packaging for Mageia

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jan 21 16:03:14 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:59:52AM +0100, Jerome Quelin wrote:
> On 11/01/20 21:33 +0100, Erwan Velu wrote:
> > PS: just pray not to fall into the jquelin massive submits :D
>
> sorry, i throttled a bit more between my packages.
> in fact, my throttling is ok except when people submit big packages! :-)
>
> i guess this'll be mitigated when:
> a) more build nodes will be added to bs

Well, we do have a limited rack space at lost oasis so we cannot
add much server for the moment, and for now, I think we are planning
others stuff with potential server ( and as people will ask it, no, we still do not
plan to let people run a buildnode if the sysadmin team is not the only group
of people to access to it as admin for security reason ).

> b) bs will be updated to allow priorities, queue per submitter, etc.
> (and i want a pony too)

We do not have it  ( except the pony ), but how should we be distribute build
in a fair fashion ? I fear that having this would lead to some frustration ( while
first  in, first out is IMHO easy to understand and quite fair most of the time ).

--
Michael Scherer