[Mageia-dev] Packaging for Mageia

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 16:15:59 CET 2011

On 11/01/21 16:03 +0100, Michael scherer wrote:
> > i guess this'll be mitigated when:
> > a) more build nodes will be added to bs
>
> Well, we do have a limited rack space at lost oasis so we cannot
> add much server for the moment, and for now, I think we are planning
> others stuff with potential server ( and as people will ask it, no, we still do not
> plan to let people run a buildnode if the sysadmin team is not the only group
> of people to access to it as admin for security reason ).

uh? you mean mageia will run with 1 bs node of each type, and that's it?

> > b) bs will be updated to allow priorities, queue per submitter, etc.
> > (and i want a pony too)
>
> We do not have it  ( except the pony ), but how should we be distribute build
> in a fair fashion ? I fear that having this would lead to some frustration ( while
> first  in, first out is IMHO easy to understand and quite fair most of the time ).

i don't know. stéphane télétchea wrote on cooker@ about a scheduler he's
using in his job with lots of fancy features. i guess he'll be able to
describe them in more details, and why we would want them.

note to packagers: it's now very easy to throttle in an adaptive way
(thanks to pascal terjean). just add the following before submitting a
package:

    sleep $( HEAD http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/ | perl -nE '/X-BS-Throttle: (\d+)/ && print $1' )

jérôme
jquelin at gmail.com