[Mageia-dev] 26/01/2011 meeting

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 26 16:48:31 CET 2011

2011/1/26 Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it>:

>> > hi Anne,
>> > we will be able to create a LiveCD version of Mageia for this alpha
> release?
>> > this is really important as interested people that don't want problems may
>> > want to try it and then install it only when a stable release is ready for
>> > everyday use.
>>
>> As pointed out several times (and will be underlined in all
>> announcements) this Alpha 1 is
>>  - NOT a stable release
>>  - NOT for the average user, it's a developper release
>>  - NOT ready for everyday use
>>
>> --
>> wobo
>>

> in fact, a livecd version allow to keep the "funny" side of linux without
> having any risk. so?

I am not sure what this means in this context, but the time for
discussion about live CDs will certainly come sooner or later.

This first Alpha is meant to

 - test the build system in all its parts up to a release
 - test the bootstrapping process

 - (last but not least) show the progress of the project.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it will net even have a graphical
interface (x server).

--
wobo