[Mageia-dev] Alpha2 iso content

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:28:25 CET 2011

On 7 March 2011 19:51, Thomas Lottmann <skipercooker at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> With mplayer, I suggest adding smplayer into the list?
>>>
>>> It's the most common mplayer front end, and way better than other
>>> mplayer based program.
>>
>> Nothing against mplayer (and especially smplayer, which I use a lot), but
>> couldn't we go back to have kaffeine as default kde media player?
>>
>> Oliver
>>

> I'm personally not sure that Kaffeine is stable enough. I never had a great
> experience of Kaffeine, it seemed it's GUI was quite unclean.
>
> Dragon Player seemed fine, but far too simple.
>
> ...perhaps Kmplayer? It has a few bugs, but it may be more easy to patch
> them upstream. It is a KDE frontend for powerfull Mplayer. Mplayer and it"s
> KDe frontend is by the only player able to read Full HD videos fluently.
>
> Just suggesting...

IMHO, if mplayer is ever installed by default, then smplayer should be
installed by default (it's the most feature-rich GUI for mplayer).

Both kaffeine and dragon are simplistic players, if we have to choose
one of them, it'll be dragon (being the upstream default player).
Kaffeine doesn't use phonon any more, it uses libxine directly...

--
Ahmad Samir