[Mageia-dev] Firefox prefs: insertRelatedAfterCurrent

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:35:18 CET 2011

On 7 March 2011 09:48, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 16:32:20 -0500, Hoyt Duff wrote:

>>> Indeed.
>>> The reverse is annoying.

>> Tabs should not extend "off the screenbut instead wrap and to multiple
>> rows, IMHO.
>
> Then, it start to become more like a 2nd windows manager, and we go back to
> the MDI metaphor of win95.
>
> Another view would be that too much tabs is usually a sign that most of them
> are not needed now, and should not be shown. But this requires a more high
> level
> interface ( ie, sometimes that say "put the link to a 'read later' list" /
> "place it with other easy to access documentation" rather than a very low
> level operation like "open a new tab" to fullfill all possible
> needs regarding opening a windows )
>
> --
> Michael Scherer

I've found that if I put it in a "read later" folder/list/bookmark,
that there's a 70% chance that I'll I never read it :)

FWIW, now firefox-4.0 has a new feature, when you save the session the
next time you open it it only loads 3 tabs from each window, leaves
the rest "not loaded" until you open it.

http://blog.zpao.com/post/1140456188/cascaded-session-restore-a-hidden-bonus

(Just to have a jab at the off-topic discussion :p).

--
Ahmad Samir