[Mageia-dev] Alpha 2 fresh install dvd i586

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:18:04 CET 2011

2011/3/16 André Salaün <andresalaun at free.fr>:

> -Boot loader : no choice, I had to volontary select "configure" in the
> last summary page . I hope final release will give the choice between
> MBR and partition.

You have the choice to configure in the summary. That is normal. The
bootloader will not be installed until after you hit "OK" in the
summary. It has been like that in Mandriva for quite some time.

> Updating :
> packages are updated but, after, auto-orphans propose to remove 192
> packages.

Same here, as it was a fresh installation I jumped right in and gave
the command. It did not hurt, I do not see any problems after that.

> drakconf

I also read the error messages. They are caused by tools which are in
the starter script of drakconf but not (yet) available in Mageia.

--
wobo