[Mageia-dev] Alpha 2 fresh install dvd i586

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:23:16 CET 2011

2011/3/17 JA Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com>:

> If this option is not clearly visible, you can easily wipe windows boot
> menu and many users will be disappointed.

No, because Mageia grub recognises a Windows installation and adds it
to the boot menue.

But I agree, although former Mandriva users are aware of this way of
the installer we should document it clearly, like:

"The bootloader will be configured according to automatic detection of
available installations on your harddisk. If you want to chack and/or
change the configuration you can do so by hitting the "Configure"
button in the summary.
Note that the bootloader will not be written to the harddisk before
you leave the summary."

--
wobo