[Mageia-dev] Alpha 2 fresh install dvd i586

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Thu Mar 17 00:16:53 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 00:03:42 +0100, Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op woensdag 16 maart 2011 23:30:59 schreef André Salaün:
> > On a old computer (Athlon 64, printer epson c82, scanner epson 1650
> > photo, usb wireless keyboard and mouse, ethernet network)
> >
> > Installation stage (choice kde) :
> > All good but :
> >
> > -Boot loader : no choice, I had to volontary select "configure" in the
> > last summary page . I hope final release will give the choice between
> > MBR and partition.
>
> i'm not sure this is a bug, i didn't ever needed a to choose partition.
>
> can i ask why you would want to have the bootloader in a partition? i mean,
> how are you going to boot into it, if it's not on MBR?

To install on a disk shared with windows, for example. I did that on my
laptop and also missed the option, but also found it in summary page
(grub is in sda3, Win7 BCD on /dev/sda, added linux grub with EasyBCD).

If this option is not clearly visible, you can easily wipe windows boot
menu and many users will be disappointed.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \               Software is like sex:
                                         \         It's better when it's free