[Mageia-dev] buildsystem => maintainers db link test

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:16:21 CET 2011

Op woensdag 23 maart 2011 18:00:40 schreef nicolas vigier:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> > Misc righly pointed out that:
> >  * someone triggering a massive rebuild may not want to be seen as a
> >
> > maintainer of packages uploaded by this; several possible solutions:
> >    - first uploader is set as the maintainer by default;
> >    - this will be manually editable from the maintdb app anyway;
> >    - would a specific flag be raised in the buildsystem (or a package)
> >
> > when such a massive rebuild is triggered?
> >
> >    - instead of strict associations, we can associate maintainership
> >
> > by frequency of uploads/activity on a given package (unless massive
> > rebuilds are triggered more often by a single packager than "regular"
> > package uploads by the actual maintainer)
> >
> >  * submissions stats publishing may require your validation (and
> >
> > actually, for that specifically and future topics, we'll need to see
> > how we can publish contributors activity stats through our platform -
> > as a de-facto feature or as a preference, per contributor).
>
> I think submissions stats can be interesting to keep, to see who is the
> most active on a package. But comaintainers should not be added
> automatically when package is submitted by someone. For instance you
> don't want to become comaintainer of a package because you fixed a typo
> in the description.
>
> I think becoming comaintainer should be something that you decide, not
> something done automatically.

i agree, maintainership should be done manually. but preferably with some kind
of package search and checkboxes, to select multiple ones. (to minimize the
work; i can't see jq finding package by package and selecting himself for it)

sophie already keeps packager data, afaik.

if the work with searching package and checkboxes is too much work at this
time, perhaps we could enable "that autosetting code" for a short while so
that most are set.