[Mageia-dev] buildsystem => maintainers db link test

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Mar 23 20:32:42 CET 2011

Le mercredi 23 mars 2011 à 20:16 +0100, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :

> i agree, maintainership should be done manually. but preferably with some kind
> of package search and checkboxes, to select multiple ones. (to minimize the
> work; i can't see jq finding package by package and selecting himself for it)

jq would likely use his super scripting ability for that,
and we do have access to the db, so this can be easier to achieve for
those without super power.

( nota : xml rpc interface could be a good idea to add later if not on
the roadmap )

> sophie already keeps packager data, afaik.

Technically, Sophie fetch them from external sources. The db is just for
caching purpose.

> if the work with searching package and checkboxes is too much work at this
> time, perhaps we could enable "that autosetting code" for a short while so
> that most are set.

The process must be seamless. Ie, people should not think of it at
all.
--
Michael Scherer