[Mageia-dev] buildsystem => maintainers db link test

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:45:37 CET 2011

Op woensdag 23 maart 2011 20:32:42 schreef Michael Scherer:
> Le mercredi 23 mars 2011 à 20:16 +0100, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> > i agree, maintainership should be done manually. but preferably with some
> > kind of package search and checkboxes, to select multiple ones. (to
> > minimize the work; i can't see jq finding package by package and
> > selecting himself for it)
>
> jq would likely use his super scripting ability for that,
> and we do have access to the db, so this can be easier to achieve for
> those without super power.

granted, but then i only maintain 5 packages, so i have no problem with it
anyway.

> ( nota : xml rpc interface could be a good idea to add later if not on
> the roadmap )
>
> > sophie already keeps packager data, afaik.
>
> Technically, Sophie fetch them from external sources. The db is just for
> caching purpose.

details details :-)

> > if the work with searching package and checkboxes is too much work at
> > this time, perhaps we could enable "that autosetting code" for a short
> > while so that most are set.
>
> The process must be seamless. Ie, people should not think of it at
> all.

i would use this only if time is too short and people who maintain a huge
amount of package, who cannot script like jq or have no super powers want
that.

if you look at it that way, it seems like there aren't that many people who
would need this feature.

Personally, i want an app where i can log in, search a package, and grab /
drop it (last packager could be shown if you have the info anyway...), and a
link to the bugs of that package, and also a way to show my maintained
packages. that's it.