[Mageia-dev] Non-free firmwares in installer

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:47:30 CEST 2011

2011/3/27 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> Quote: Wolfgang Bornath wrote on Sun, 27 March 2011 17:11
>
>> Do you really think it will help to find a consent calling people who
>> do not share your opinion "ultra-orthodox software fanatics"?
>
> Why? An 'orthodox' is a person who follows his beliefs very very strictly,
> 'fanatic' has a similar meaning (yeah I know those two words are sort of
> redundant but I just wanted to express how extreme the view appears).

Orthodox is neither positive nor negative, correct, it's just a
description of a certain opinion. But "ultra" makes it as unacceptable
as "fanatic", which means sticking to a certain opinion without
seeking any consent with others.

> Ultimately it was just a way of expressing how extreme I consider the idea
> that  free and non-free software on the same physical media would be
> unacceptable to them, even if the installation procedure clearly asks the
> user whether to install the non-free software or not.

Ok, so I can call you a "ultra-non-orthodox fanatic" by your
definition? No problem.

--
wobo