[Mageia-dev] Non-free firmwares in installer

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sun Mar 27 18:29:11 CEST 2011

Quote: Oliver Burger wrote on Sun, 27 March 2011 17:40

> By the way: I know, Debian are just a small group of "ultra-orthodox
> software fanatics", but that's exactly, what they are doing...

I'm aware that Debian does this now. While I don't think that all (or even
most) Debian supporters are ultra-orthodox free-software fanatics I
certainly believe the core that made that decision is.
You should have added that that decision was quite controversial in the
Debian community.
But Debian is such an 'institution' that they can afford to go against the
mainstream, I don't think Mageia can afford that, certainly not at this
stage.
(and personally I don't see the point)

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/