[Mageia-dev] R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: Live CDs needed - disperate magician

Juan Luis Baptiste juan.baptiste at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 23:00:51 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 5:23 AM, marcello.anni at alice.it
<marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
> it's the first : (  i've never had issues with the dvd drive, and before
> installing i've updated mandriva 2010.2 to mageia without issues... strange
> behaviour... i will wait for the second beta

I have had the same problems before installing Mandriva or other
distros and the problem always resumed to:

* Corrupt image (but you say md5 is ok)
* Bad new disc for burning (this happens too)
* A failing CD/DVD reader with *some* CD/DVD's burned with *some*
burners (don't ask why, I don't know why it happens but it happens)
* A failing burner that burns defective CDs/DVDs

Try the same DVD that is giving you problems on another pc and see if
it installs fine, and try to burn the same iso file in another pc and
try to install with that one and see how it goes.

--
Juancho