[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-Dev]Default directory for wallpapers

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 19:26:09 CEST 2011

On 30 April 2011 19:05, Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahmad, kdebase4 is patched is the solution.

I see; the too many ','  in the sentence, confused me.

> Yes it has a interesting layout of dirs, but as i recall, if you just
> drop an image in /usr/share/wallpapers it shows up in the plasma
> dialogue.
>
> And even if it is set up to use default.jpg as default, it still
> misses all of the other bg's in the folder and all of the extra
> backgrounds.

Before deciding what should be patched and what shouldn't, a default
wallpapers location should be used (which was the whole goal of the
thread I linked above). As you can see it's a jumble, each DE has a
different idea of where wallpapers should go; and it becomes more
confusing when the same issue is re-discussed afresh in a whole new
thread, saying the same things that were said in the old one.... :)

--
Ahmad Samir