[Mageia-dev] plymouth gone nuts ?

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Apr 3 02:13:14 CEST 2012

On 04/03/2012 02:07 AM, JA Magallón wrote:
> Hi...
>
> With latest updates, I noticed that GDM again started in tty2, and tty1 is
> still stuck on bootscreen/plymouth dots.
> I get a message on tty1 about "wait-for-playmouth-quit failed, see systemctl status...".
> And GDM starts on tty2.
> Something weird is happpening:
>
> cicely:~# systemctl --all --full | grep plym
> systemd-ask-password-plymouth.path loaded active waiting Forward Password Requests to Plymouth Directory Watch
> plymouth-quit-wait.service loaded failed failed Wait for Plymouth Boot Screen to Quit
> plymouth-quit.service loaded inactive dead Terminate Plymouth Boot Screen
> plymouth-read-write.service loaded inactive dead Tell Plymouth To Write Out Runtime Data
> plymouth-start.service loaded inactive dead Show Plymouth Boot Screen
> systemd-ask-password-plymouth.service loaded inactive dead Forward Password Requests to Plymouth
>
> cicely:~# ps -ef | grep plym
> root 161 1 0 01:56 ? 00:00:00 /bin/plymouthd --attach-to-session --pid-file /run/plymouth/pid
> root 29109 8671 0 02:05 pts/1 00:00:00 grep --color plym
>
> Any idea ?

I have noticed this, plz correct me if I'm wrong:

werewolf:/lib/systemd/system# grep After display-manager.service
After=livesys-late.service systemd-user-sessions.service
After=getty at tty1.service plymouth-quit.service

werewolf:/lib/systemd/system# grep After plymouth-quit.service
After=rc-local.service plymouth-start.service

werewolf:/lib/systemd/system# grep After plymouth-quit-wait.service
After=rc-local.service plymouth-start.service

Should not all the chain be:

display-manager.service -> after  plymouth-quit-wait.service
plymouth-quit-wait.service -> after  plymouth-quit.service

Trying now...

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...