[Mageia-dev] painful discussion n°1: debloating

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:14:53 CEST 2012

2012/4/10 Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl>:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 03:29:56PM +0800, You-Cheng Hsieh wrote:
>> If there's no objection, I would like to commit to svn and someone can
>> submit it before beta3. We can test it and decide to keep or revert it
>> before RC.
>
> The discussion is just a repeat of a previous discussion. Please refer
> to whatever I and other people said last time this was brought up.

I suppose you agreed to move the suggests if it does affect minimal install:
https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2012-March/013365.html
"That this suggests also has an affects the minimal install, ok, but the
dependency was added (according to your comment) 1.5 years ago. So if
this dependency was ok 1.5 years ago, why not now? (read on before
replying please:)
Now if in those 1.5 years things changed (dependency changes, etc) and
this dependency now suddenly affects the minimal install, then yeah, I
think moving the suggests somewhere else makes sense."
<----End-of-quote---->

Please correct me if I misunderstood your words. Thanks.