[Mageia-dev] painful discussion n°1: debloating

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:55:46 CEST 2012

2012/4/11 Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl>:
> However, seems that in almost every install seahorse might be installed
> (tv saying that we go from something like glib -> gio -> .. ->
> seahorse). Almost every install might have glib going to seahorse. That
> bit is the concern. I don't care about minimal; in a minimal, it just
> should not install suggests and I really don't care if that currently
> works in the installer or not.
> Currently almost every install might end up having gnome-keyring. Even
> if often it isn't used. That's a concern.

> So, yeah, move the suggests and remove totem-mozilla from CAT_KDE. But
> not because of the minimal install.
>
> This might result in some users not having seahorse anymore though.

OK. So I have some conclusion:
- A minimal install should not install any Suggests, if it does,
please report a bug (bug #5209). -> The Suggests don't need to be
moved.
- Instead, Requires will affect minimal install. -> Change Requires:
gnome-keyring in libgnome-keyring to Suggests.
- remove totem-mozilla (and other gnome stuff, if neecessary) from CAT_KDE.

Olav, I've committed the change of libgnome-keyring to svn. Please
review and submit it if it's acceptable to you. (You are still the
maintainer of libgnome-keyring.)

I don't know how to change CAT_KDE in rpmstrate, so that should be
done by someone else.

Thanks.