[Mageia-dev] Mounting nfs4 shares

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Thu Apr 19 20:35:07 CEST 2012

19.04.2012 21:16, Anne Wilson kirjoitti:
> I have been using lines such as this to mount nfs shares:
>
> 192.168.0.40:/Data1 /mnt/borg2_Data1 nfs4
> rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
>

> mount -a
> Mount is denied because the NTFS volume is already exclusively opened.
> The volume may be already mounted, or another software may use it which
> could be identified for example by the help of the 'fuser' command.
> mount.nfs4: an incorrect mount option was specified
>
> Do I need to change these mount lines in some way?

Possibly, but the documentation is wrong then.

The nfs man page says that the line is ok, although "intr" and "nfs4"
are deprecated (but should still be working).

You can still try replacing "nfs4" with "nfs" (v4 is still tried first
according to the man page), and removing "intr" (according to man page
it has been ignored for years).

On a related note, why do you use rsize=8192,wsize=8192? If for
performance reasons, AFAIK and IIRC specifying them was useful only 5-10
years ago or so, but now they actually could degrade performance as the
default nowadays is "use as large values as possible", which is
(currently) 1048576. So probably makes sense to remove them too.

--
Anssi Hannula