[Mageia-dev] Release blocker bugs

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Apr 25 20:48:22 CEST 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> 'Twas brillig, and Anne Nicolas at 23/04/12 10:33 did gyre and gimble:
> > Hi there
> >
> > We need a status on following release_blocker bugs. As a reminder we
> > have some days left only until RC isos.
> > Cheers
> >
> > #5556    nor    rel    Linu    bugsquad at mageia.org    NEW    ---    Need
> > to add rpm-helper
> > Requres(post/preun) automatically to packages containing systemd units
>
> This is quite an important one for upgrades. I'm not sure I have the
> relevant knowledge to do this, but will happily help once the rebuilds
> come around. Can someone with more rpm-foo volunteer here?

rpm allows to use a script to automatically add requires, but it looks
like it's not possible to automatically add Requires(pre/preun) with a
script.

So we can use find-requires script to automatically add a require on
rpm-helper for package containing systemd units. But in that case the
package will be installed almost everywhere (I think everybody has at
least one package containing systemd units installed) so it's more
simple to add the require on rpm or rpm-mageia-setup.

Or is there a lot of people uninstalling rpm-helper to save space while
they are not installing/updating packages ?