[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release task-obsolete-3-21.mga3

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:17:53 CEST 2012

On 1 August 2012 15:43, Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Within mageia, libreoffice packages are supposed to replace old
>> openoffice packages, so obsoletes are needed.
>
> Unless they are effective file conflict, and libreoffice can't be installed
> simultaneously, I see no actual reason to force its removal.

They do conflicts.
We do not maintain it anymore.
We do no want to have bugs reports about package Y on mgaX about
packages "that were obviously build by mga" (yes but for mgaX-10).

In that case, it's even worse, as it would have been a mdv package on mga
after mdv->mga upgrade

And anyway this is a different case than obsoleting a library (though I do
understand Funda's move about libdb and his intents)