[Mageia-dev] is it okay to update?

Pedro Gs simplew8 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:38:16 CEST 2012

2012/8/1 Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>:
> 'Twas brillig, and John Balcaen at 01/08/12 17:48 did gyre and gimble:
>> 2012/8/1 Nicolas Lécureuil <nicolas.lecureuil at free.fr>:
>>> i though more packages were pushed :(
>>> i pushed all the remaining w/o our upload script, i will see if all builds
>>> well.
>> Build has no reason (except rpmlint issue) to fail since it was tested
>> before committing.
>> Regarding the conflicts for handbooks, it's a normal issue since the
>> conflict was added on purpose.
>> For libattica issue, it's a "let's push an update without testing it
>> before" issue, but since most of kde should has been pushed/built
>> against the new attica it should be safe.
>
> Just submitted kdeplasma-addons which still needed the old attica.

I think would be better to keep the old libattica0 package and rename
the library to libattica0.4 since ABI was changed.
In attica changelog we can see there a warning regarding this change:

Warning: Non-*ABI* compatible commit. You must rebuild KDE plugins after
    updating or you might/will experience crashes. API compatible.

This way would not break anything, and i think this would be the more
correct approach, at least its what i saw in other libraries.