[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 can be turned to cauldron actually?

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Tue Aug 28 03:50:14 CEST 2012

On Monday, August 27, 2012 07:38:44 AM Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Luiz Alberto Saba at 27/08/12 15:23 did gyre and gimble:
> > Hi guys
> >
> > I've done a fresh mageia 2 install (x86_64) to test a new ssd.
> > Can I change the resitories to cauldron and do a urpmi --auto-select or
> > it will not work?
>
> Install the update rpm package from mga2 updates_testing first, then
> switch your repos and "urpmi dracut" and follow the instructions from
> step 2 on https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:UsrMove#Release_Notes.
>
> After following these steps the rest of the auto-select/upgrade should
> go smoothly.
>
> Let me know if there are any issues.
>
> Col

And if you upgrade from 2, then be very, very patient. You will see a lot of
errors when booting and and you need to wait for timeouts to happen. The /usr
move kind of happens randomly. You may need to try a few times.  Calculate
about 1/2 hour to boot, but eventually you should get there.

This is on a virtual box.
--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler