[Mageia-dev] Perl MIDI:ALSA module (package suggestion for Mageia)

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at shikamaru.fr
Sun Dec 9 01:04:50 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 02:43:47PM +0100, tux99-mga at uridium.org wrote:
> Hi,
> If you are curious to see what can be done with the MIDI::ALSA Perl
> module have a look at a program I wrote with it:
> http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5915
>
> Regards,
> Andy

Awesome !

Up until now I used to use simple sysexxer to transfer sysex to my DX7.
Editing patches on the DX7 is a major pain, because there is only one
slider to adjust each parameter for all oscillators.
Seems to me that this library will make it way easier to build apps that
do what this app does for the RM50. (maybe you have plans to support
other hardware ?)

Thanks for bringing attention to this module, and thanks rindolf for
packaging it :)

Cheers,
--
Rémy CLOUARD