[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release task-gnome-3.3.2-4.mga2

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Mon Feb 13 10:55:03 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:35:31AM +0100, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> On 13 February 2012 10:05, Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl> wrote:
> >> - Suggests drakconf in minimal package
> >
> > Why as part of task-gnome*, shouldn't it be a require elsewhere?
>
> 1) for symmetry with task-kde4-minimal
>     It should be done in task-{lxde,xfce,..} of course
>
> 2) so that people performing minimal install then installing task-foobar
>     got mcc too
>     (it's done at installer time through rpmsrate which is not used after
>     installation by urpmi -- else nothing will pull it[1])

It cannot be put somewhere else? Just wondering, I thought the
installation also was able to look at other things than just strictly
task-gnome-minimal (e.g. a generic "Graphical Desktop").

Regarding minimal installation: if you really do a minimal installation,
then install GNOME. IMO, I would expect only GNOME related things, but
maybe that is more my assumption on why someone would do a minimal
installation.

> 3) because that's the right place to do it

To me it doesn't seem like the logical place. GNOME doesn't require
drakconf, nor does KDE. It is something part of the distro. So as soon
as anything graphical is installed, you'll likely want it.

To be clear: Not objecting or suggesting to change; clearly you have
more experience. Just wondering and trying to learn :)

--
Regards,
Olav