[Mageia-dev] Can't switch to virtual consoles

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Wed Feb 15 20:18:09 CET 2012

Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> 14.02.2012 21:50, Juan Luis Baptiste skrev:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Guillaume Rousse
>> <guillomovitch at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Try systemd then...
>>>

>> But isn't sysvinit to be the default for mga 2 and the switch to
>> systemd is going to be for mga 3 ? or I'm missing something ?
>>

> systemd will be default for Mageia 2
>
> sysvinit is only a fallback for systems that dont work with systemd "yet"...
>
> sysvinit (and mkinitrd) will be completely removed as soon as Cauldron
> opens up again after Mageia 2 release.
> --
> Thomas

As I understood it, it was explicitly decided that systemd was to be an
option for mga2, with sysvinit remaining the default.
And hopefully systemd was to be the default for mga3, with sysvinit removed.

Also, cauldron switched temporarily to systemd as default in order to
more fully test it.  But to revert to sysvinit as the default for mga2
release.

When did this change ?

--
André