[Mageia-dev] references to outside web sites/wiki

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:06:03 CET 2012

Hi!

(same post sent to mageia-dev)

If you find, or wrote, in our wiki (http://wiki.mageia.org/en/ ) stuff
that references documentation hosted on the MDV wiki
(http://wiki.mandriva.com/ ), it is a good idea to not only reference
it now, but to really import the content into our own wiki, now.

That is valid for other sources as well, of course, but
wiki.mandriva.com may be shut down for good in just a few days (no
comment about the thing, just stating a fact).

wiki.mandriva.com contents are licensed under CC-By-SA 2.5 (see
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Mandriva:Copyrights). So you can import
contents from it, please comment your commit with a mention to the
original URL + a mention in the end of the article, like "Portions of
this are imported from ..., licensed under CC-By-SA 2.5". It can be
portions, or full articles.

Would be good too to be able to mount a static mirror copy of it, if
it's needed, but I am not sure how to import it (wget'ing a mediawiki
instance is tricky).

Btw, do we have hard dependencies (documentation, I mean) in other
MDV's online resources? Bugzilla? List archives? or are these properly
archived elsewhere? other?

(note to self, push forward the contributions & db licensing policy to
make it really explicit that it will be encouraged to do so with
Mageia's stuff)