[Mageia-dev] [packages-commits] [189967] - version upgrade

Jani Välimaa jani.valimaa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:14:02 CET 2012

2012/1/5 Matteo <pasotti.matteo at gmail.com>:

> Il 03/01/2012 17:18, Jani Välimaa ha scritto:
>> 2012/1/3  <root at mageia.org>:
>>> Revision 189967 Author matteo Date 2012-01-03 16:46:56 +0100 (Tue, 03 Jan
>>> 2012)
>>>
>>> Log Message
>>>
>>> - version upgrade
>>> - used macros instead of command names
>>>

>> I think this is pretty much opposite what everyone else is doing. IMHO
>> this also makes .spec harder to read.
> Hi Jani,
> I'm not able to find references on our wiki that say macros (like
> %__install or %__rm) are deprecated, can You point me in the right
> direction, please?
>
> IMHO the spec file is as readable as the others.

I'm not sure what our wiki says about this, but in majority of .specs
I've seen in these couple of years I've been a packager, macros aren't
used for install, mkdir or cp.

This was also discussed a few months ago [1], but no decisions was made.

There was link to Fedora wiki [2] about macros in the previous
discussion. In short, Fedora wiki basically says that macros shouldn't
be used for system executables. Maybe this should be also stated in
our wiki?!

[1] https://www.zarb.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-August/007400.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Macros