[Mageia-dev] Is mageia a bit slow?

Michel Catudal michelcatudal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:53:15 CET 2012

Last night I compiled mips-sde-elf-gcc on Scientific Linux AMD64 and it took about 2hrs 10 minutes. When I compiled it on mageia it took close to 3 hours.
gcc is told to use all 4 cores on both. Scientific Linux is version 6.0 with the latest updates. gcc is gcc-4.4.5-6.el6.x86_64.
Mageia is the latest released version, not the beta.

Any clue what is responsible for the speed issue on magia? Scientific Linux or Redhat Enterprise superior or newer gcc slower?
I haven't tested on Fedora 15 or 16 yet. I will eventually test it on gentoo, I haven't used gentoo since my gnome update switched it to gnome 3.
I need to find a way to install mate on it to make it usable again.

Michel

--
For OS/2 and Linux Software visit
http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal