[Mageia-dev] Packaging MDS and Pulse2

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Wed Jan 18 23:31:09 CET 2012

Glen Ogilvie a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that a project I work on, MDS (http://mds.mandriva.org)
> is not yet packaged for Mageia.
>
> I am wondering if Mageia can package it as Mandriva Directory Server,
> or if we need to change the name and
> fork the MDS project in order to package it.  Ref:
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mandriva_packagers

No problem as part of the package name.
It is just references to Mandriva as the packaging or supporting distro
that must be changed to Mageia.
Since you want to support it, it is great that you want to import it.
It would be a update to cauldron (becoming part of mga2).

> It's available for a number of other distributions, as can be seen on
> the opensuse build infrastructure, with the
> name unchanged.
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=mmc-core&project=home%3Aeonpatapon%3Amds
>
> I would also like to package Pulse2,  it does not have Mandriva in the
> package name, but is also developed by Mandriva.

Almost all of our packages were in Mandriva.  We just have to make sure
that its' licence permits redistribution, which is generally the case.
And that if it is non-free, that it doesn't have any components that are
contrained by patent claims or similar considerations.  (At least for
the moment.)
If the package was in mdv2010.1/2 (main/contrib/non-free), then it can
be imported as an update to mga1 as well as cauldron.
If it wasn't, it would be a backport for mga1.  (But backports aren't
open yet, unless I missed it.)
> Regards
> Glen Ogilvie

Regards