[Mageia-dev] Official VM images for Mageia 2?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+mageia at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:50:59 CET 2012

Hi *,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 18:35, zezinho <lists.jjorge at free.fr> wrote:
>> Le mercredi 25 janvier 2012 16:30:23, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
>
> VMs can be used for scriptable config and deployment of
> test/staging/prod platforms, using shared recipes (chef, puppet,
> other). Providing a pre-installed, predictable minimal system is
> helpful in this case.

Why not provide a kickstart image then? Or is kickstart
auto-installation no longer supported by Mageia? I used it a while
back with mandriva, and while a little hard to discover that feature,
it worked quite well.
This is then much easier to distribute (regular install-media +
kickstart configuration) and can be installed unattended in any VM of
the user's choice...

ciao
Christian