[Mageia-dev] ANNOUNCE: The /usr move cometh! <---- Instructions

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Mon Jul 23 20:31:49 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:55:31AM +0200, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> On 22 July 2012 19:15, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> >> I am having other issues (X/audio/network related). Making Cauldron
> >> totally unstable.
> >
> > I'm having issues with X due to intel drivers. Gnome-shell crashes
> > frequently with "out of space" errors in some intel thing which smells
> > to me like something leaking textures.
>
> Should be fixed by the new driver I pushed this morning

I'm using nouveau though.

For me I can pretty easily make the system become problematic. Most
reliably is by using a video player (usually mplayer, but also in
totem). For one by skipping ahead in the video. Another is that pausing
doesn't really work.

Even e.g. closing tabs in Firefox sometimes locks up. Eventually firefox
recovers.

--
Regards,
Olav