[Mageia-dev] %_libexecdir - Re: [5228] revert some duplicated manbo stuff (all identical to default but

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:56:14 CEST 2012

On 27 July 2012 16:21, Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:
> speaking of that btw... anything missing for that, or should we plan &
> start the full rebuild... ?

Please wait.
Here's what I have yet to commit/upload:
Version 1.152 - 27 Jul 2012, by Thierry Vignaud
- add support for mini debug packages
  (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MiniDebugInfo)
- fix typo that breaks emiting maven provides
- document Mageia divergences with upstream
- generate a perlapi-<version> provide when libperl.so is found
  (inspirated from mdv (pok))
- sync brp-compress with upstream rpm.org:
  o add *.xz and *.lzma recompress support
  o avoid some unnecessary command invocations in scripts
  o make sure brp-compress doesn't go interactive in corner cases
- sync find-debuginfo.sh with upstream rpm.org:
  o add -r flag to find-debuginfo.sh to invoke eu-strip --reloc-debug-sections
    (Mark Wielaard, 2011-05-25)
  o create GDB index from find-debuginfo if possible (Tom Tromey, RhBug:617166)
  o drop useless rpm5 bits (less divergence with upstream)
  o generate debug symlinks for all filenames sharing a build-id (RhBug:641377)
  o fix behavior on cross-directory hardlinks (RhBug:618426)
- kill unused find-provides.perl.in
- prevent RPM_BUILD_ROOT to break brp-* scripts if it contains spaces
  (rpm.org#843)
- use upstream brp-strip* as we provided older versions of upstream

The question is: should we enable minidebuginfo by default?
This adds 1-3% to each package but it makes us have usefufull traces by default
(at least with function names)
Not as good as having debug packages installed by default, but still better.
This is enabled in FC18.

Do we enable this?