[Mageia-dev] bug, omission or feature

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 3 20:57:41 CEST 2012

AL13N wrote earlier:
> For some of you, stuff you've known for ages is worthless now and you go back
> to being a noob (for this sort of thing) and will have to relearn a different
> way.

The change here is new and needs a different way, yes. Nothing against
that. But the same result has been reached before in a far easier way,
it's not only a new way, it's a more complicated way. That's the
point.

2012/6/3 Sander Lepik <sander.lepik at eesti.ee>:
> 03.06.2012 20:49, Johnny A. Solbu kirjutas:
>> Editing a text file to change a number, eg. from "5" to "3", is much easier to remember than changing a symlink to "/lib/systemd/system/runlevel3.target", especially when explaning this to a not so advanced user over the phone, who doesn't have a working X at the moment. (Yes, I actually do have such support calls.)
>> The support departments are just going to love this. ;-)=
>>
> Is there anyone who stops you to contribute a script that does this for the user?

Yes, you see that correctly: a script which is needed because the
proper way is a regression in usability :)

Don't misunderstand me - if this change is needed because of another
change then it's ok by me. But that does not mean I have to be over
enthousisastic about something which makes things not easier but quite
the contrary.

--
wobo