[Mageia-dev] mentors + apprentices

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Tue Jun 5 10:26:20 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

Since my last post, we have 2 new apprentice candidates looking for a mentor.

simplew (Pedro), who is a longtime user of various rpm-based distros, is most
interested in Gnome and KDE packages.  As you have probably noticed, he has
already been struggling with packaging on his own.  His languages are en, pt,
and es.

agron (Agron Selimaj), an mdv powerpack user since 2006, has skills in C++,
debugging, patch review, and rpm building, and is interested in focusing on
essential packages.

Others have expressed interest in becoming packagers, but I have yet to confirm
their interest.

You can find more details at:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager#Packager_apprentice_candidates

Mentors, let me know who you take on, and I'll update the tables for you.
And if you feel that you can take on another apprentice, don't hesitate to post
to this thread.

Thanks :-)

----

Anyone else looking for a mentor, let me know so I can add your name as an
apprentice candidate -- or you can do it yourself.
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager#Packager_apprentice_candidates

See also the previous sections, on becoming a Mageia packager :
https://wiki.mageia.org/mw-en/index.php?title=Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager&action=submit#What_is_needed_to_become_a_Mageia_packager

To find a mentor, it helps to also post to this list (mageia-dev), or hang out
on IRC at freenode #mageia-mentoring.
Don't forget that if you contact a mentor directly, they know that you are
actively interested.

Regards :-)

--
André
(Packager mentoring program coordinator)