[Mageia-dev] ANN: x11-server 1.12 landing on cauldron

Dick Gevers dvgevers at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 7 20:04:50 CEST 2012

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:28:26 +0300, Thomas Backlund wrote about
[Mageia-dev] ANN: x11-server 1.12 landing on cauldron:

>For those of you using the proprietary AMD fglrx driver, I will
>upload fglrx 8.98 (Catalyst 12.6beta) as it's the first one to
>support the new x11-server.
>
>But Amd has dropped support for any hw older than HD5000 in the
>new driver so you need to switch to the free driver if you have
>older hw. (there is some rumours of a fglrx-legacy in the works,
>but I dont know when/if it will show up, or what it will support)

Thanks. It works for Cauldron quality. But is has a nasty splash:
'AMD
Testing
use only'
though transparent - in the lower righthand corner the size of 4 desktop
icons which goes away only during use of some tabs in catalyst control,
when the big '2' is on top of everything. Alas.

Cheers,
=Dick Gevers=