[Mageia-dev] openssl regression

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:19:58 CEST 2012

Le 11/06/2012 09:56, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> Well it the .so name does not change then it *should* be ABI compatible.
> It seems in this case it's only API compatible but that doesn't rule out
> certain values, macros or flags changing such that everything needs a
> recompile.
Just rebuilding openssl with different build options already triggered
such kind of issues. I remember adding SNI support broke ntp in the
past, until this last package was rebuilt. The safe way should be to
rebuild everything right now, but given than almost everything in the
distribution uses this library, I think just letting normal update flow
should be enough, unless actual problems are found.

--
BOFH excuse #335:

the AA battery in the wallclock sends magnetic interference