[Mageia-dev] openssl regression

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 11 12:13:59 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 11/06/12 10:19 did gyre and gimble:
> Le 11/06/2012 09:56, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>> Well it the .so name does not change then it *should* be ABI compatible.
>> It seems in this case it's only API compatible but that doesn't rule out
>> certain values, macros or flags changing such that everything needs a
>> recompile.
> Just rebuilding openssl with different build options already triggered
> such kind of issues. I remember adding SNI support broke ntp in the
> past, until this last package was rebuilt. The safe way should be to
> rebuild everything right now, but given than almost everything in the
> distribution uses this library, I think just letting normal update flow
> should be enough, unless actual problems are found.

Probably true and I think we should ensure that a full rebuild is done
before the beta cycle anwyay. We did moot this for mga2 but it was
deemed (correctly IMO) too late to start messing with that.

But until then a full rebuild is likely overkill.