[Mageia-dev] QA process for GNOME 3.4.2 for Mageia 2

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Tue Jun 12 13:19:55 CEST 2012

Olav Vitters a écrit :
> For Mageia 2, I'd like to:
> - get my act together and fix a bunch of bugs (a lot of wrong
>    suggests/requires, resulting in bugs&crashers)
> - provide GNOME 3.4.2 as update
>
> But this concerns loads and loads of packages.
>
> How to best proceed?
>
> I saw mentioning that QA is really busy. How can I make this as simple
> as possible for QA (not for myself)?
>
> Should I:
> #1 :
>    - first fix the various bugs
>    - provide each bug as update
>    then later:
>    - one massive GNOME 3.4.2 update?
>
> #2 :
>    - do everything in one go (combine 3.4.2 update with the bugfixes)?
>
> #3 :
>    - try and split out all the changes as much as possible (e.g.
>      evolution would need new evolution-data-server, so must be updated
>      at the same time).. but ideally go for filing a bug per
>      update/package?

QA will probably have their answer, but it seems to me much easier for
QA to verify one or two packages at a time, meaning #3 as much as
possible, and then #1.
As far as how you do it for testing yourself (before presenting to QA),
you could use whatever approach seems easiest, but even there I would
think that #3 as much as possible would be easier.  Anyway, that is how
I tend to approach things.
(#2 seems a potential nightmare, since you're bound to miss things.)

--
André