[Mageia-dev] QA process for GNOME 3.4.2 for Mageia 2

Claire Robinson eeeemail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:39:27 CEST 2012

On 12/06/12 12:19, andre999 wrote:
> Olav Vitters a écrit :
>> For Mageia 2, I'd like to:
>> - get my act together and fix a bunch of bugs (a lot of wrong
>> suggests/requires, resulting in bugs&crashers)
>> - provide GNOME 3.4.2 as update
>>
>> But this concerns loads and loads of packages.
>>
>> How to best proceed?
>>
>> I saw mentioning that QA is really busy. How can I make this as simple
>> as possible for QA (not for myself)?
>>
>> Should I:
>> #1 :
>> - first fix the various bugs
>> - provide each bug as update
>> then later:
>> - one massive GNOME 3.4.2 update?
>>
>> #2 :
>> - do everything in one go (combine 3.4.2 update with the bugfixes)?
>>
>> #3 :
>> - try and split out all the changes as much as possible (e.g.
>> evolution would need new evolution-data-server, so must be updated
>> at the same time).. but ideally go for filing a bug per
>> update/package?
>
> QA will probably have their answer, but it seems to me much easier for
> QA to verify one or two packages at a time, meaning #3 as much as
> possible, and then #1.
> As far as how you do it for testing yourself (before presenting to QA),
> you could use whatever approach seems easiest, but even there I would
> think that #3 as much as possible would be easier. Anyway, that is how I
> tend to approach things.
> (#2 seems a potential nightmare, since you're bound to miss things.)

Regarding the wrong requires/suggests these are probably best dealt with
on separate bugs. They will receive proper attention that way and any
affected by bug 2317 can hopefully be found so we don't have broken
updates. That would be more difficult in one large update.

Other bugfixes and the big update I would say to follow KDE's example
and list what has been fixed with bug numbers, packages being updated,
srpm's. If the advisory is detailed it makes performing QA alot easier.

That is my first thought anyway. We're organising a QA meeting later
this week, you're welcome to attend and ask the team. The time/date
hasn't been finalised yet.

http://framadate.org/kg48uzoef3p9hitx

Claire