[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Mon Jun 18 08:03:39 CEST 2012

On 06/18/2012 01:15 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just submitted systemd v185 to updates_testing.
>
> There are several important changes worth noting:
>   1. "systemd-sysvinit" has been merged into the main "systemd" package
> thus effectively making systemd the only choice for booting.
>   2. "systemd" package now contains systemd-udevd binary thus replacing
> the separate udev package (I see no reason to keep the binaries in
> separate packages).
>   3. The libudev major number has been bumped so several packages will
> need rebuilt when this hits main, but so far I've only rebuilt lvm2 for
> updates_testing. This seems to be enough for basic testing (I have LVM
> here).
>   4. Due to the new udevd path, dracut needed updating too. I've updated
> this and submitted to release (as it's backwards compatible). At a later
> date I'll update to latest dracut.
>
> Please ensure you are capable of restoring your system in the event of
> things messing up. This will mean booting and manually downgrading
> packages and reinstalling the older udev package.
>
> If all is well, this will go into cauldron at the end of the week.

It seems to work ok in my netbook, just two minor problems:

- in install:
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.bM0Lmo: line 5: /usr/bin/systemctl: No such file or directory
   in post-install, systemctl is already moved to /bin

- keyboard layout under Gnome got reset to English (from Spanish). Changed manually under
   system settings and fine again.

If I find anything more, I'll tell here...

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...