[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 18 10:11:55 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and JA Magallón at 18/06/12 07:03 did gyre and gimble:
> On 06/18/2012 01:15 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just submitted systemd v185 to updates_testing.
>>
>> There are several important changes worth noting:
>>   1. "systemd-sysvinit" has been merged into the main "systemd" package
>> thus effectively making systemd the only choice for booting.
>>   2. "systemd" package now contains systemd-udevd binary thus replacing
>> the separate udev package (I see no reason to keep the binaries in
>> separate packages).
>>   3. The libudev major number has been bumped so several packages will
>> need rebuilt when this hits main, but so far I've only rebuilt lvm2 for
>> updates_testing. This seems to be enough for basic testing (I have LVM
>> here).
>>   4. Due to the new udevd path, dracut needed updating too. I've updated
>> this and submitted to release (as it's backwards compatible). At a later
>> date I'll update to latest dracut.
>>
>> Please ensure you are capable of restoring your system in the event of
>> things messing up. This will mean booting and manually downgrading
>> packages and reinstalling the older udev package.
>>
>> If all is well, this will go into cauldron at the end of the week.
>
> It seems to work ok in my netbook, just two minor problems:
>
> - in install:
>    7/28: systemd
> #############################################
>    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.bM0Lmo: line 5: /usr/bin/systemctl: No such file or
> directory
>   in post-install, systemctl is already moved to /bin

Ahh yes, this was me forgetting to revert a few paths. Dexter moved
everything to /usr (which I support) but that requires a bigger change
overall for other parts of the system which we'll need to plan a bit
more holistically I think. It will come soon enough but I wanted to get
this merged version in sooner rather than later.

> - keyboard layout under Gnome got reset to English (from Spanish).
> Changed manually under
>   system settings and fine again.

Interesting. Does this new setting survive a reboot? Does the new
mapping work at the system level (i.e. is the layout respected in GDM)?

Do you have a /etc/vconsole.conf file?

> If I find anything more, I'll tell here...

Many thanks :)