[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 19 13:19:39 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 19/06/12 09:37 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 09:07:46AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Likely we'll need to update things accordingly to deal with this, but on
>> the whole I'm sure we'll get it working smoothly :)
>
> This is maybe my fault, not fault of new systemd. I enabled systemd
> support in GNOME fairly recently. That likely resulted in a change of
> behaviour.

Well I'm not sure it's related to new GNOME as this problem exists in
KDM+KDE too.

So I still think something has changed recently regarding the default
keymapping. It might not be systemd package specifically of course but
two people have reported keymap issues since trying it - can't rule out
a new X11 and a lack of a recent reboot being to blame tho' :D

> I hope I announced that systemd support on mageia-dev.

Yup you did.

> If I have time, I'll test the new systemd tonight. I'd like to switch to
> GNOME 3.5.x soon (new dependencies, lots of fun), but first fix some
> more dependencies problems. For 3.5.x, I've seen bugs marked as fixed
> which want latest systemd.

I guess this is why I can no longer suspend from GNOME? Need to work out
exactly how this is supposed to work these days, but it could be related
to the lack of consolekit support in gdm or something... (my
ck-list-sessions shows me as inactive and thus perhaps the old ways of
working out if the user can suspend stopped working?)

Not a big issue as this is cauldron after all and there will likely be a
few changes in this kind of stuff before mga3 :D