[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Jun 19 13:33:56 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:19:39PM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I guess this is why I can no longer suspend from GNOME? Need to work out
> exactly how this is supposed to work these days, but it could be related
> to the lack of consolekit support in gdm or something... (my
> ck-list-sessions shows me as inactive and thus perhaps the old ways of
> working out if the user can suspend stopped working?)

I killed the consolekit support if there was an option to do so (IIRC
only gdm had that). So ck-list-sessions indeed doesn't work anymore.
There is a related systemd command for that (guess you'd know :P).

In any case, it should still suspend, as this setup is used in Fedora
(the no consolekit I mean) IIRC.

In GNOME 3.6 the way of suspending will change (use systemd
functionality; which is why a new systemd is needed), but suspending
should just work in 3.4 as well.

No clue what needs changing to make it work now. Thinking maybe
policykit or similar?

> Not a big issue as this is cauldron after all and there will likely be a
> few changes in this kind of stuff before mga3 :D

Yeah, I'm potentially breaking stuff on purpose. It is early in the
cycle and now we have enough time to figure out what needs changing to
work in a systemd-only environment.

--
Regards,
Olav