[Mageia-dev] bug 2317 revisited: --update option should behave like --search-media

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Thu Jun 21 17:36:05 CEST 2012

[...]
> A. fetch dependencies only from enabled release/update repositories
> Problems:
>  - patch doesn't exist yet and code complexity is alot higher
>  - if backports are enabled, a dependency fetched from release could
> conflict with other installed (from backports or other). thus the update
> would fail.
>
> Solutions for this:
>  - this is not cleanly solvable, we would have to remove the backport.
[...]

In this thread at the moment, I see mostly people having (personal
preference) problems with how i would solve this bug.

while they aren't less important, what I would rather see in this thread
is alternative solutions, or how the problem with A can be solved if it
happens.

even if both A and B are regarded as bad, I'd even prefer people to say
that B is the lesser evil.

complaining on how B is not good for you, doesn't get us anywhere with
this bug.

So please, give alternative solutions or state how A is perfectly viable.