[Mageia-dev] bug 2317 revisited: --update option should behave like --search-media

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 00:14:06 CEST 2012

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:17:50 -0400, zezinho <lists.jjorge at free.fr> wrote:

> I vote for Mrs.B workaround :

I agree. Simply treating release media that's enabled, as if it had the
update flag seems to the easiest way to safely fix 2317.

> Two people have tested simply enabling Release media as update media and
> not really noticed any drop in performance. I don't know what the

In my case, I compared the time between mgaapplet "Computing new updates",
and the message "Checking... Updates are available" (with updates actually
being available), was 18 seconds when Release was not marked as an update
repository, and it was 18 seconds when it was marked as an update repository.

As mgaapplet is only using around 30 KB of ram, I don't see memory being
an issue.

Regards, Dave Hodgins