[Mageia-dev] mariadb: update for mga2?

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sat Jun 23 00:42:25 CEST 2012

I was planning on doing 5.5.25 as an update since all post-GA releases are
bugfix release in the same major version.

however, mariadb has been having rpm build issues and as such one of the last
changes seemed to introduce a few things:

- 2 man pages missing (i reverted this for us)
- 1 config file missing. (i reverted this for us)
- private header files are installed (i removed this from our package)
- selinux configuration for RHEL4 now appears (i also removed this)
- handlersocket plugin is now installed. (i put this in the -extra subpackage)

This looks obviously a feature, except that i didn't it was stable for 5.5.23
and was simply forgotten to be installed, and is thus categorized as a bugfix.

Next to these are quite the amount of bugfixes. (none security related afaik).

Is this acceptable for updates? or isn't it?