[Mageia-dev] A Usable Browser Media Playback Plugin At Last - npapi-vlc-2.0.0-1.mga3

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Jun 23 15:06:02 CEST 2012

Hi AL13N,

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 23:52:43 +0200
AL13N <alien at rmail.be> wrote:

> Op vrijdag 22 juni 2012 23:41:59 schreef Shlomi Fish:
> [...]
> > This implements a media playback plugin for such browsers as Firefox and
> > Chromium (did not try others but they should be fine as well) using the VLC
> > engine. You should be able to install it by running "urpmi npapi-vlc".
> [...]
>
> Does this show only regular videos, or does this also work for HTML5 videos?

I think it only works when you view normal video files that are served with the
right MIME encoding, and it does not try to prove of use for the HTML 5’s
<video> tag.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

My Public Domain Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/shlomif/

How many “one-liners” do I actually write? I don’t know; maybe a couple dozen
a day. But I guess I must be unusual, because as we all know, AWK was a
complete failure and vanished into obscurity since it didn’t address anyone’s
real needs. (That was sarcasm.) — “Twelve Views of Mark Jason Dominus”