[Mageia-dev] Remove upgrade functionnality in installer

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 13:42:41 CEST 2012

Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
> On Saturday 23 June 2012 15:21, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> The issue with the upgrade function at
>> the end of the installer is: "it is not working properly even if a
>> functioning network is available".
>
> In all the years I have been running Mandrake, Mandriva and now Mageia, the upgrade packages function in the installer has not worked once
for me, that I can remember. So I always skip it.
> I believe many others do the same.

Is that what the "feature request" is talking about?  If so, it's totally not clear.  It sounded to me like it was talking about the ability
for the installer to upgrade an existing system.  If it's just talking about that "install updates" thing at the end of the installation,
that's never worked for me either in the few times I've tried it.  It's also pretty unnecessary for me since I usually install from HDD or net,
which uses updates in the first place.