[Mageia-dev] ANN: For the brave. systemd v185 in cauldron updates_testing

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:04:17 CEST 2012

On 25 June 2012 11:10, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

>>> Well I'm somewhat sceptical too, but I'd still like to work out why it
>>> fails for you.
>>>
>>> I would imagine it works for TV tho' I don't know for certain if the two
>>> machines he referred to run a DE or not.
>>
>> One does, one doesn't.
>> On the one that does, btw, one must provide the root password in order
>> to mount a USB key if "su - foobar" is run in a terminal...
>
> Does the one running a DM let you login OK via gdm?
>
> So USB keys mount OK after a fresh boot, but as soon as you do "su -
> foobar" mounting is broken? Or have I misunderstood the problem?

The computer is logged by my gf, but I "su - my_account" in a terminal
with screen then running some root sessions too in order to work on my
stuff.

In that case, plugging a USB partitionned disk now results in having to type in
the root password due to other users being logged.

Of course, it's not a generic issue... It'll probably annoy only me.